the Restore Utility
NOTE: To re-enable the Restore Utility, follow steps 1-9 and on
step 5 remove the check mark next to "Disable System Restore". The
infected file's are removed and the System Restore is once again active.
- Right click the My Computer icon on the Desktop.
- Click on the Performance Tab.
- Click on the File System button.
- Click on the Troubleshooting Tab.
- Put a check mark next to "Disable System Restore".
- Click the Apply button.
- Click the Close button.
- Click the Close button again.
- You will be prompted to restart the computer. Click Yes. NOTE: The
Restore Utility will now be disabled.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode.
- Run a scan with VirusScan to delete all infected files, or browse
the file's located in the C:\_Restore folder and remove the file's.
- After removing the desired files, restart the computer normally.